20141224




that day
our assignment topic was obesity
as a Malaysian
we were looking deep into the obesity problem in our country

researched done
journals read
report wrote






2 in 5 malaysian adults are overweight or obese


it seems to be normal to be fat
i thought it's normal for us to be fat
we ate that's why we fat
well, we women are meant to be fat



then, now
i am preparing for my human nutrition's final

the more i read
the more my heart breaks




just look at her face
pain, and more pain



you have no idea
how many pictures of babies with kwashiorkor and marasmus
have appeared in my slide

what really broke my heart
is the one with 3 crying babies.




what they needed is what we wasted
that's my first thought

and what they needed is so damn simple
food to eat
place to sleep


they suffered 
they cried
they died


and we.. the lucky ones
never appreciate what we have
we wasted
we complaint
and
we threw it all away




life is always unfair
isnt.


:(





what can we do to make the world a better place
what can i do to help them?





screw my big city dream
 i am going there 
to build them houses schools and hospitals!




No comments:

Post a Comment